cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant my printer print if I have ink on one cartridge? Mp480

janine
Apprentice

Is there a setting so my printer will print if I only have ink on one cartridge? Why doesnt it print black if that is what I have? . Mp480 series

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hello janine,

The printer requires both ink cartridges to be in the printer in order to print, even if one of the ink cartridges is low or out of ink.   You can continue using the printer under a low ink condition by disabling the ink level detection function of the printer.  To do this, press and hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it.  Once you replace the low/out of ink cartridge with a Canon genuine ink cartridge, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled. 

You can also set the printer to print using only the black ink cartridge from your computer.  If you would like instruction on how to do this, please reply with what operating system is on your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I want to find a way that I can use the printer with only one cartridge which is the black ink cartridge.

Announcements