04-29-2013 07:52 PM
I have IMACS with OS 10. I have an MX860. I had a router and everything was working fine through comcast cable modem. Them we got combined comcast TV, phone, and cable modem. So that service came with wireless so I am trying to change the settings to their router. I came to a step that says select the Canon IJ Network Tool and select LAN connection. Where is the Canon IJ Network Tool?
05-01-2013 10:49 AM
Please try the following to connect the unit to the network:
1. Open the Hard Drive (Mac HD).
2. Open the Library Folder.
3. Open the Printers folder.
4. Open the Canon Folder, then the BJ Printer folder. Once there, open the Utilities folder.
5. Open the Canon IJ Network utility.
6. Once the utility is launched, make sure that 'Setup' is selected in the upper left dropdown menu instead of 'Utility'.
7. Select the printer in the list or click 'Update' if it has not populated yet, then click 'OK'.
8. Follow the steps on screen to configure the printer over your network.
9. Once the setup is complete, add the printer by clicking the Apple and choosing 'System Preferences'.
10. Open the 'Print and Fax' menu.
11. Highlight and delete any copies of the Canon Printer listed on the left by clicking the minus (-) sign.
12. Click the plus (+) sign.
13. Click the 'More Printers' option on the lower left when it appears.
14. Make sure that 'Canon IJ Network is selected in the top drop down menu of the next screen.
15. Highlight the printer and click 'Add' when it is available.
Once this has been done, disconnect the USB cable and attempt to print.
05-16-2017 04:30 AM
I am expereincing the same issue but on a HP Laptop - have changed modems and now the printer won't work - tried to find out how to reset it but got stuck when it told me to start selecting things from the IJ Network Tool menu...where do I find the IJ network Tool???