cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Selphy CP910 with Windows 10

SuperPat
Apprentice

Are Windows 10 drivers in the works for the Selphy CP910 or should I pack up the printer and return it to the store? 

No current production model should be without drivers for the latest operating system.  Its not like I had a choice to pick Win 7 or Win 10 when I bought my laptop.  

12 REPLIES 12

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For information regarding compatibility with computer systems, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Similar problem: I'm able to print to my Canon Selphy printer from my iPhone, but even after downloading the Windows 10 driver and installing it (no errors), I can see the printer on my Network, but it doesn't show up on the list of available printers. My other two networked printers (Canon and HP) are printable from Windows, just not the Selphy. What else has to be enabled on Windows 10?

Update: Looking at settings, I noted for the Selphy 10 entry the status was "driver not available" even though I had just installed the driver. I removed it completely, rebooted my laptop, and re-installed the driver. Now it works perfectly. Looking back, I guess that the first installation must have failed with no error or problem indication of any kind.

Hi Stubby2,

We are happy to hear that the CP910 is now working perfectly with your Windows 10!

To print from your iPhone you will want to install our free Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app. This will give you more printing options compared to printing via AirPrint.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The combination of the Selphy Print and Selphy Photo Layout Apps solved the reason for wanting to use Windows to print after the Selphy driver finally loaded instead of IOS. The Selphy did fine with 4X6 pictures on IOS, but not square 4X4 pictures, because the layout was expanded to fill the whole frame and chopped the picture sides. It was easy to fix using Windows settings, but I'm happy to report that the Photo Layout App also allows the same correction. Thanks.

Feedback to Canon on the Windows 10 Selphy driver installation:

After reinstalling the Windows 10 Selphy printer driver files and rebooting and getting it to work, I can see now that the first time the driver installation was attempted, the installer "creating folder" popup appears, but the "copying files" popup never appeared along with the copying progress "green" progress gauge. The installation never copied the drivers, and just said "installation completed". The second attempt attemp worked, because the drivers and configuration files were actually copied and installed, and the Selphy was useable at that point.

jeffhughes
Apprentice

Me too. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrstooge
Apprentice

you tube installing canon selphy on win 10......u can turn off driver signiture enforcement in a startup setting.....load cd/install and it works !!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered the CP910 and was assured there are now  (Nov 2017) Windows 10 drivers for that printer.  Stay tuned.

Announcements