cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch screen on MG6320 stopped working

Rjsully
Apprentice

The touch screen / control panel on my 2 month old MG6320 seems to be stuck on the middle screen.  Touching, tapping, swiping etc doesn't work to either activate the visible icons or move to the other screens.  Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?  Powering on and off does no good.

thanks,

Rob

23 REPLIES 23

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi Everyone,

We have an update on this topic.  A firmware update has been posted today for the PIXMA MG6320, as noted in the following product advisory:

Firmware Notice: PIXMA MG6320: Firmware Update Version 2.010

That's great news, thank you!

Same touch screen issue repeatedly with Canon C4580i. Any Firmware update?

Hello denwoodbp!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

How do I get the update?

RickZimm
Apprentice
Dittos on the need for a firmware update. I'm no techy, but I'll bet it is a software/connectivity issue. I am having the same problem after about one month of operation. I was going to send it back before finding this forum. Now I'll try unplugging it. Thanks!

Rick,

Go to the bottom of page 1; there was a firmware update posted in March.  I've had no issues since updating.

Good luck,

Rob

Thanks, Rob. I saw that after posting . I'll update this weekend and keep my fingers crossed.

affinityphoto
Apprentice

Same here. Only the full reset brought back the touchscreen. About a month old.

apple_usa
Apprentice

Thank you for post this problem it save me the headache to look for the reciept to return this printer.

I had the same problem with most people here and it's solved easily and simply just unplugged it..

i had been looking through the on screen manual and couldn't find anything. Luckily i got the answer here.

Announcements