Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

The display on my Canon Selphy CP900 is blank. Is there a way to restore it?

Product Expert

Re: The display on my Canon Selphy CP900 is blank. Is there a way to restore it?

Hi beacon717,

A hard reset on the device may restore the screen.  Follow these steps to perform a hard reset on the printer.

1. Turn off the printer and wait for it to completely shut down.
  2. Disconnect any cords from the device.
  3. Press the ON or power button several times (at least 5 times is recommended).
  4. Wait for 20 minutes.
  5. Reconnect the power cord directly to a known working outlet. Avoid from using surge protectors or extension cords, if possible.
  6. Power on the printer.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: The display on my Canon Selphy CP900 is blank. Is there a way to restore it?

Still nothing.
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. When turning on the Canon Selphy CP910, the screen shows Canon but will not go any further. Also will not shut off unless unplugged.

Hi, Aimee!

If the steps from the post above by MarkII did not resolve the issue, please reach our support team by email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF for further assistance.

Thanks!

New Contributor

I had the same issue (frozen start screen with "canon") an was able to fix it by following these steps:

1) unplug power cord

2) press the "on" button several times 

3) plugin power cord

4) Press the "on" Buttun (and hold it) until the printer starts booting

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Unfortunately this is not helping me. It is still a forzen brick with canon logo on the mini display.