cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow first print with LBP6000

Jimtowner
Apprentice
I just set up a new LBP6000 on my iiMac running OSX Maverick. The first page printed takes 25 to 30 seconds. In the sales description on Amazon Canon repeatedly says first print takes 8 seconds or less. Is there a way that i can get the 25-30 seconds down to 8 seconds or less?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice. thanks for your help. It turns out that your 3rd bullet was the culprit. I move to another port and it is working okay now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Jimtowner.

The estimated print time is with a document using a  standard 5% toner yield (about 16 lines at 12 pt font) on plain, letter paper.  Print speed may drop due to a number of factors, such as:

• The length of the USB cable you are using
  • If there are any devices between the printer and the computer.  ( EX: USB hubs, switches, or extenders)  ***Note*** Canon recommends a direct connection between the printer and the computer. 
  • Issues with USB ports on the computer
  • Paper size and type
  • Orientation of the document
  • The number of pages or copies of the document.

Please review these items and then print another document.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrice. thanks for your help. It turns out that your 3rd bullet was the culprit. I move to another port and it is working okay now.

Announcements