cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP900 Displaying Question Mark Error When Inserting Memory Card

AUDIOMIND
Apprentice

Using a Canon Selphy CP900 and there appears to be a defect that if you edit the images in Photoshop, the Selphy doesn't recognize the images and refuses to display them on the screen or print them. Just a question mark is displayed. It does this to some images, but not all so I'm thinking it has something to do with the Exif data, but unsure.

There is something on the Canon Support page regarding this error, but no real solution to it.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/selphy_compact_photo_series/se...

Please advise.

36 REPLIES 36

THANK YOU DXERMIKE !!

When question mark appears try pressing the zoom+ button. Now you can see your photos. Works for cp910.

Wenz
Apprentice

I realize this discussion is old, but I wanted to post my fix.  As it was pointed out earlier in the thread, pictures coming out of Photoshop cannot be printed.  On my CP800, I was having the same issue.  What fixed it for me, was in Photoshop when you save the image as a JPEG, there is an option in the "JPEG Options" dialog box (I have CS6) for Format Options.  The default is Progressive; those pictures were not working.  Choose the Baseline ("Standard") option and the pictures worked!

JPEG Options.jpg

Here is my solution with GIMP 2.8:

1. open a working image (no question mark displayed on Selphy) with GIMP

2. paste new image over existing one or do your necessary "photoshopping"

3. export image as follows:

selphy_gimp.png

Forgot last step:

4. The modified image is now displayed as a question mark but can still be printed.

cu
eRiC

This solution worked perfectly for me. I always edit my photos before doing anything with them. So, Thank You!!

@Wenz wrote:

JPEG Options.jpg

Hi Wenz,

thank you so much for publishing this, I can now print my photoshopped photos.

You are a genius!!!!!

Very best wishes

Jane

Annalie
Apprentice

Hi  It took me 3 days to solve this problem with the Canon printer!!!  I manage to print by changing the format of the photo in Photoshop.  When you Save As change the format to Baseline ("Standard").  And then it printed.  This is my last Canon ever!!!  And I am still waiting from Canon for an answer.  Hope this can help.

Thanks, I will try that.

OMG!

THIS COMPLETELY WORKS!!!

I made an account just so that I could leave a reply in 2021!

My friend gave me her old Canon Selphy CP720 and it prints fine from pictures taken on the Canon Digital IXUS 860 IS Camera she also gave me, but boy...when you try to print from an SD card that contains a picture transferred onto it from a laptop, it just doesn't want to know.

I tried everything until I tried Annalie's suggestion of using Photoshop to resave the image file:
Basically:

File, "Save As", c
hange the format to Baseline ("Standard") and press OK and VOILA! 

The file can be printed from the SD Card!

Thanks Annalie!

Nothing else worked and this is a really quick and 100% effective solution, so I wanted to let everyone know in 2021 that this totally is the solution!

Of course, you do need a copy of Photoshop!

I also found printing directly to the printer was problematic because you need a driver and since we're in 2021 now, Canon have long since given up supporting later Operating Systems after Windows 7.

I use an Apple Macbook btw, and that's even less suppoorted, so do yourself a favour, get yourself a copy of Photoshop or grab your fave pics and head over to a friend that has Photoshop and you'll convert your fave pics in no time all.  Each image literally takes a couple of seconds!

Good luck!

Announcements