cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner Lide 110: error message: ' a driver supporting solution menu ex is not installed '

johnplant
Apprentice

I bought a Canon Lide 110 scanner. It works fine but at startup I get an error message saying ' a driver supporting solution menu ex is not installed '. I have windows 7. What can I do about it?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello johnplant.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Locate the icon for the Solution Menu on your Desktop or Start Menu.

2.  Right-click the icon and choose 'Run As Administrator'.

When the program opens, attempt to scan.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Another useless answer.

Hi GTjionas,

Hope you are doing good. I also had the same problem with the error message: ' a driver supporting solution menu ex is not installed '. But it has been solved, when i changed the power/data cable cord with my old data cable cord that i used for my old motorola mobile. if you still has this problem try changing the data cable cord with some other. My motorola data cord doesn't even have the ferrite core(small cylindrical shaped part in our cable). Try change the power cord and reinstall the driver package. I don't know whether the data cord is the real probIem. But it had just worked fine for me. hope it will work for you too.

Thank you

Announcements