cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing image to size

DON1
Apprentice

Yesterday everything was fine.  Today it will print any size I like except the one I need.

The image was sized in my image program.  I then cropped the image into two sections (same as yesterday) and printed.  Again and again and again and it's pretty much the same thing over again.

I need a 7 inch length print of the first part and it keeps giving me 7.5"

I resize and save the image.  7.5"

Crop the same as yesterdays image.  8.5"

Change the paper size.  6.5/8", 7.5 and 8.5

My image viewer shows actual size of image.  Cropping gives me the size I need for printing

I size to fit page.  Doesn't work.  Default doesn't work.  Changing paper size doesn't work

Printed about 20 times already and nothing is working.  It has to match the image printed yesterday as it's a top and side view to be transfered to a block of wood for cutting out

Other choice is take it to a printer and have them print it out for me as I'm just wasting ink andf Canon ink isn't cheap

Thanks

DON

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi DON1!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer model you own and what opertaing system (Windows 7, 8, 10) or Mac OS X (10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

DON1
Apprentice

Asdx

ASDX means nothing. Used to using NT in forum posts and gibberish letters as something needs to be in the message post to upload

Hi DON1,

I'm afraid this model was retired prior to the release of Windows 10, and no drivers have been written for the new operating system.  The printer will continue to work with Windows 8.1 or earlier. Older versions of the drivers may not provide full functionality on new computers.

If you would like to replace your printer, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price, and with free FedEx Ground shipping. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight ET. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Hi Bill,

Printer works fine with WIN10.  Maybe I'm just currently not finding the right combination of chosen items to  make it do what I want.

Last year I printed the 20" full length of my image on two taped pieces of paper.  Top and side image.

When I resized the image 4" smaller.  Somehow I forgot what I did last year.  I did manage to do two seperate top images and tape them together, but a few weeks later when I went to do the side images.  Again I forgot what I did to print it out and sperate images didn't work.

Just going to copy onto a USB drive and have a print shop do it for me

Thanks

DON

Announcements