cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer will print at th shop but not at home

Tenrab
Apprentice

I am using an older model pixma ip100 Canon printer with a MacBook Pro with the latest operating system.

i have not used the printer with the laptop for sometime.

on connecting the printer I found it won't print from the laptop. I too the laptop, printer, power supply and USB cable to my local  Apple Store and when they connected it the printer worked and printed fine. When I got back home I could not get it to print.

the store sent a technician who spent an hour reinstalling the printer and making sure the printer drive was correct but could still not get it to print.

They took the laptop and printer back to the store and reinstalled the Apple operating system and the printer printed fine - I printed documents at the shop myself. Now I have got the printer home but it still will not print. All the connections are the same, I'm using the same USB cable, power supply ect. but it just won't print. Has anyone come across such a problem before - I do not understand why it will work at the computer shop but not at my house when the configuration and set up is unchanged. 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Tenrab!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which specific version of Mac OS X system is running on your computer. That, and any other details about your home setup that you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny, thanks for your reply. The current operating system i'm using is MacOS Sierra V10.12.5

My home set up is simple - I have my laptop which is connected to my Canon IP100 Pixma printer via USB. 

I cannot identify any differing variables between the computer shop and my house - the laptop and printer are connected the same way at the shop and at home - i.e. Laptop and printer connected to direct power, the laptop is connected to the printer via the USB cable.

The printer will print at the shop - i've printed several pages there but it wont print at home under the same set up. 

I can see the printer on my laptop - the printer driver version is 13.7.1.0

The only other unusual things i see happening are 

1. Sometimes when i open the printer through systems preferences and try to check the supply levels it will show them, other times it says the information is unavailable. 

2. i can't print a test page through the printer utility at home but could at the shop

3. Sometimes the print job appears in the print queue and other times it doesn't - e.g. performing a test print isn't showing in the print queue but printing a document from one of my folders does. 

I'm hoping someone out there may have some ideas on what i can do to fix this. I can't identify any clear variables between the PC shop and my home that would account for why it prints there but not at home.

Thanks 

Chris 

Hi Tenrab,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements