cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer USB cable problem

Carmen81
Apprentice

Hi,

My laptop is not recognising my printers Usb cable when I prug it in to print, I'm using windows 8.1 and I don't know if my driver is outdated or not, please can someone give me advice on what to do. I really need to print a few important documents.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Carmen81!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a Canon Pixma iP2700 Printer. The Printer is set up as a device on my Laptop, but it does not read the usb cable.And it tells me that it doesn't recognise the usb..ect.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Carmen81,

You can install the latest drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website here to see if this will allow your computer to recognize the printer.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Below the red box labeled "DRIVERS", locate the PRINTER DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a red button will display labeled DOWNLOAD. Please click on the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the file download. While the file is downloading, a window will appear providing instruction for locating the downloaded file. You can press the "X" in the upper-right corner of the window to close it.

3. Once the DRIVERS have been downloaded, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that may be on your computer and then double-click on the file and follow the prompts to install the drivers on your computer. The reason we have you temporarily disable the protection software is because sometimes it prevents the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

4. If you would like to download any of the optional software available for the printer, they are available for download from the SOFTWARE section of the webpage for the printer. Please install this software after the Printer Drivers have been installed.

Once all items are installed, please restart your computer and attempt to print.  Should you still experience difficulty, 

we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements