cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help! Pixma iX6820 Prints Yellow Only

steph
Apprentice

Hello all, I recently purchased a Canon Pixma iX6820 printer and I'm having issues with printing. It only prints in yellow and even then the yellow shows up slightly faded. Everything is brand new, I had to take the protective tape and orange caps off of the ink and the ink is installed correctly. Has anyone else experienced this?

ETA, I have cleaned the print head and I have also printed a nozzle check pattern), still the same results. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi steph,

When inks do not print correctly, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to see if this get the ink to print correctly.  Since you have performed the cleanings and have verified that all tape and tabs have been removed from the ink tanks and the nozzle check pattern is still printing incorrectly, the printer may require servicing. Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mmastry
Apprentice
I just set up a brand new printer. It’s doing exactly this. What do I do?

Hi!

I'm having the same issue. Brand new printer. I've performed a regular cleaning and two deep cleanings as suggested. Tried the alignment again and it only prints in yellow. No matter what I do or which combination I try it only prints in yellow.

Please advise what I should do next.

Thanks.

Mmastry
Apprentice
Same Model iX6820

Hello!

If you've performed the above troubleshooting as requested by Ramona, you'll want to reach out to support by logging into/signing up for a My Canon Account at canon.us/account

Tjl
Apprentice

Same problem, replaced the same one because old unit did not print and was told it was a internal problem . Bought a brand new one and only prints yellow out of the box . All new ink and printer heads . 

Hi there!

If you've just purchased a new iX6820, we recommend registering the unit at https://canon.us/account, and contacting support so they can troubleshoot this with you one-on-one. Support is available at 800-652-2666, Monday through Friday, from 9am to 9pm (ET). 

Announcements