cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ip100 will not print color at all, not a maint item, eg clean/purge print head

HOUTSTANDIN
Apprentice

Printer has never printed one color pixel. It prints everything B/W or Process B/W. Changed Driver and tried all the regular/usual user maintenance items. Printer is about 2-3 yrs old. Driver shows color selected. Previews show color. Test page does not print color windows logo.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

"not a maint item, eg clean/purge print head" By this, I am assuming you mean you have run cleaning and head check and it prints OK in color.

If thats the case, check that the driver or printing program doesn't have Grayscale selected.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Steverizer
Apprentice

Did anyone ever solve this problem?

Hi Steverizer.

If you're having trouble getting the iP100 to print in color, refer to the guide at THIS ARTICLE

If the nozzle check pattern prints all of the colors, then the black-and-white/grayscale printing is set in the printer's driver.  On Windows, the Grayscale option will be found in the printer's driver, both on the Quick Setup tab and on the Main tab.  For Mac OS, it should be in the main area of the system print window, though some programs force it to only appear in a system print window submenu.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi there, having the same problem. I've run nozzle check multiple times and I only got it to print cyan. What else do you recommend?

Hi Remliel,

Since the nozzle check only prints Cyan, I recommend a nozzle cleaning. Please click HERE for the steps. If running a couple of nozzle cleanings does not resolve the issue, then there is a issue with the print head and the printer would need to be replaced.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm also having the same issue. I've cleaned it, installed new ink and greyscale is not selected. When I run the test, it doesn't even try to do the color portion, just spits out the paper. I run my pixma ip100 from Mac OS Catalina.

Hi Found solution. Had the exact same problem you have. I presume the cartridge get dry even in the pastic bag. I took a wet q-tip and went over each color in the back of the cartridge. All is fine now. I am surprised that the result was so easy to find. Incredible!
Announcements