cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ip 4900 U330 error code

mike258
Apprentice

Hi All ,I'm hoping someone can help.I have a Pixma ip 4900 and have never had any trouble.Today I came in after my mother printer something and the power Lamp Flashes and Alarm Lamp Flashes Orange Alternately.Which is an U330 error code  and if I try to print I get and C000 code.I have

Disconnected the printer cable from the printer, turn the printer off, and then unplug the printer from the power supply.

Plugged the printer back in and turn the printer back on.About 5 times.When I turn it on the print carrage slams to the right making a loud noise and then it starts blinking. Also the ink tanks are not lighted.I need to print some shipping lables .Help! Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Davy
Rising Star

Hi, see this Canon link on 'codes'  Canon Error codes  simply scroll down for your code. There is also another link but not relating to your specific model   MX870 C000 error code

How many times does the lights flash, for instance if it flashes 6, it'll flash 6 times followed by a pause then flash another 6 times.... count the flashes from pause to pause.

Personally,  I don't like the sound of that 'banging noise'  that is worrying. It's as though nothing is telling the motor to stop at the end of it's travel. 

Certainly sounds like an internal error to me and time to consult Canon, especially if the printer is under warranty.

Dave

Hi ,Thanks.I'm also getting an C000 code .I think the problem is that one of the ink tanks ran out.I moved the ink carrage alll the way to the left and know it doesn't slam.One thing that worrys me and makes me think it't the ink is that the cartrages are not lit up.

Announcements