cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP3300 prints stripes

Oldyellr
Enthusiast

Recently my iP3300 printer has been printing images that look like below. This only happens printing pictures. B&W documents and text print fine. I've done all the trouble shooting, clean and deep clean, but it does not help. What else can I try?

girls.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Far too coincidental that all colors, except black, have the same patterns.
I think there is an electrical problem preventing the proper connections to the print head.
I would toss that printer and get an Ip7220 on Amazon for $80.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

skyking421
Contributor
Looks too regular to be clogged nozzles. If you have already changed cartridges (use cheap ones), then it is likely the trouble is in the electrical connections at the print head, processor or the cables. Not good!
Hate to say it, but another printer may be the answer.

I've been using cheaper aftermarket cartridges for some time because Canon and even Staples brand cost more than what I originally paid for the printer. Could that be a problem? 

Can you show us what a "Nozzle Check" from the "Maintenance" menu in "Printer Preferences" looks like?

This is what it shows it should look like:

ok printer.jpg

This is whaat it prints. I had to enhance the scan considerably because it was quite faint.

my printer.jpg

Note the stripes comared to whaat it should look like.

Far too coincidental that all colors, except black, have the same patterns.
I think there is an electrical problem preventing the proper connections to the print head.
I would toss that printer and get an Ip7220 on Amazon for $80.

Yup, this iP3300 owes me nothing, ordered a new Ip7220.

Congrats, you'll enjoy it.
Announcements