04-15-2016 01:07 AM
Can print color images but not any B&W documents. The paper feeds and the cartridges seem to be moving but the paper is then ejected with no printing on it. Have changed cartridges twice and each time the red LED on the cartridge lights up. Have checked printing preferences and all are default. "Standard" and "Business Document" yield same result. On the test pages only the color prints---no black text or patterns.
04-17-2016 09:10 AM
A test of your PIXMA iP110 should be performed. The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly. Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:
1. Turn your PIXMA iP110 on and make sure paper is loaded into the sheet feeder.
2. On your PIXMA iP110, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks twice. When you release the button, the Nozzle Check pattern will be printed.
3. After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, compare the results to he example that has been attached to bottom of this message.
4. If any colors are missing or if any horizontal lines appear in the color bars, perform the print head cleaning procedure.
To perform a print head cleaning with your PIXMA iP110, please follow these instructions:
1. On your PIXMA iP110, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light flashes one time.
2. When you release the RESUME button, the POWER light starts flashing and all colors will be cleaned. This will continue for about 30 seconds.
3. Wait for the light to stop flashing before you resume normal operation.
Once you have completed two cleanings, please perform another Nozzle Test. If black is still missing, please contact our support group using the following link:
03-07-2017 03:58 PM
I have tried everything you have suggested even buying new cartridges, and no matter what I do, black will not print. On the test pages, the portions in black simply don't show up.
My printer is less than two years old. Please help!