cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP530 error Code : 53,3,0

Dave_Anderson
Apprentice

My Pixma MP530 gives me an error code : 53,3,0 when scanning. The error message is

"Cannot communicate with scanner.

Scanner may be turned off, a cable may be disconnected.

Please check the status & try again.

Scanner driver will be closed.

My USB cable is good. I have reloaded the latest driver & latest MP Navigator 2.2 several time but it doesn't fix it. I read online that plugging the USB cable into another port on my computer would fix it. It did but only for a couple of scans then back to the same error message. HELP! Has anyone got a fix for this problem?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Dave_Anderson,

To try and resolve the issue, please ensure the following:

1.  The USB cable that is being used with the printer is no longer than 10 ft in length.

2.  The USB cable is plugged directly into your computer, and not plugged into a USB hub which is connected to your computer.

3.  The power cord plugged into the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of a surge protector.

If you still experience the same issue, if you have one, please try using another USB cable to connect the printer to the computer, as a USB cable can sometimes be going bad but still provide intermittent connectivity.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements