05-26-2013 08:28 PM
Hello there. So I have a Canon Pixma 495 printer that worked great wirelessly for 5 months but all of a sudden my Macbook Pro stopped detecting it. I tried reinstalling the Canon drivers but the installation will not complete on account of the printer being undetectable, even when connected with a USB cord. I installed the latest Canon drivers from Apple and still, the printer cannot be detected. When I try to add a printer to "Print and Fax" under System Preferences, it can still not detect it there. Any ideas how to solve this? Any help appreciated!
05-29-2013 11:30 PM
I would like to see if the printer is still seeing that it's on the network by printing the LAN settings. To print the LAN settings, press the Maintenance button on the printer repeatedly unti you see an n on the LED, then press the Black or Color button. Once it prints out, let us know if the connection is Active or Inactive. If it is Active, please let us know what it shows for the IP Address and Default Gateway.
07-14-2014 10:41 PM
To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
07-29-2014 12:26 PM
Reinstalling your PIXMA MP495 should resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MP495's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Click on Start and then Run. If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:
2-1. Click Start.
2-2. Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.
2-3. Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.
2-4. In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.
2-5. Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.
2-6. Click OK in the Properties window.
3. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
4. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
5. Double click the folder named WIN.
6. Double click the folder named Driver.
7. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
8. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows, please double click DELDRV64.
9. In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.
Once complete, please follow these steps:
1. Click on Start and then Run.
2. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
3. Double click the folder named WIN.
4. Double click the folder named Driver.
5. Double click the folder named LAN.
6. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
7. In the Run box click ok.
8. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
Once complete, restart the computer.
While the computer restarts, please press the Maintenance button on your PIXMA MP495 until the letter 't' appears and then press the Black Start button. This will reset the network settings on your PIXMA MP495.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MP495. The setup program will start automatically.
2. If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.
3. Click on Easy Install.
4. When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install.
5. Read the License Agreement carefully and click Yes if you agree.
6. When the Setup Method appears, choose Use the print on a network.
7. Click Next.
8. When the Printer Connection screen appears, click Next.
9. Make sure that your PIXMA MP495 is on.
10. When the Set Up New Printer screen appears, click Next.
11. When the Connect Cable screen appears, connect the USB cable from the PIXMA MP495 to your computer.
12. If the Detected Access Points List or Access Points screen appears, enter your network key and click Connect.
13. If the Confirm Connection Access Point screen appears, click Yes after confirming the access point.
14. Remove the USB cable and click Next.
15. Confirm the results and then click Finish to complete the installation.
If you are experiencing difficulties, you can view the installation process by following this link:
02-20-2015 08:20 AM
You can print out the network settings of the printer to display the IP address. To do this, please press the Maintenance button (looks like a pair of pliers and a screwdriver) repeatedly until a symbol that looks like an upside down U appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.
Hope this helps!