cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 2520

MDinOK
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG 2520 and it won't print. It did print a web page....ONCE. It does scan but will not print!!! I have Windows7 and have downloaded drivers...uninstalled...installed. PLEASE help me figure this out??  Thank You

5 REPLIES 5

MDinOK
Apprentice

I will add that it acts like it is printing but it gives me a blank paper and I get no error message. The only time it has printed is from Internet Explorer. Any New clues I can try?? Thank You.

Crista
Whiz

Hi MDinOK!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MDinOK,

A test of your PIXMA MG2520 should be performed.  The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Please follow these steps:

1.  Turn the PIXMA MG2520 on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.

3.  Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.

4.  Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange once, then release it immediately.  The nozzle check pattern will be printed.  Please compare the test page that you printed with the one at the bottom of this post.

If the test page does not match the example attached to this email, printhead cleanings should be performed.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange twice, then release it immediately.

2.  The machine starts cleaning the print head.  The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp lights green after flashing.

Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.

Does the Test Page print correctly?  If not, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

MG2520 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

laneyjane20
Apprentice

my printer wont work eaither. its telling me its offline. i need help

Hi, laneyjane20.

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements