cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 495 Black ink not feeding through

marandina
Apprentice

Hi. I have a Pixma 495MX. It appears to be only printing from the colour cartridge. Both colour and black cartridges are full and I have reloaded the drivers and reconnected to my wifi. The cartridges are inserted correctly and I have cleaned the nozzles. The setting is to print from colour and black cartridges. I have been trying to print an excel spreadsheet but it only prints that table borders and not the contents.

I have spent hours trying to resolve this one and am now out of ideas. Can anyone help?! Paul

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is the problem only with Excel?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No. I have tried priniting a notepad document. It just feeds empty pages without any text.  I test printed an email which did print but excluded any text. It appeared to pick up the colour images but not the black text. The black cartridge has been replaced, the ink levels show as full so I can't work out the fix.

ca
Apprentice

Hi dear Canon Community

I am totally new to this forum and a ludite so please excuse all my ignorance. Plus I dont completely know what i am talking about so  bear with me please and any help would be so appreciated. 

I bought the ImageClassMF249 dw and i got a tech guy to connect it to my notebook. I have an HP envy Pro 4-b-0000 ultra pc book and it has no dvd slot. The tech guy downloaded everything that i needed and the printer prints from the computer doublesided and from my IPAd mini quite easily . But scanning is a different matter. I have Windows Pro 10 version 1703 .

it is a new refurbished notebook, just recently bought. In reading some reviews before I bought the canon printer i read that someone had difficulty setting up the scan to emaill. He mentioned that the SMTP port settings that he had were different than the one on the printer . His were SSl and port 587. I called my provider and those are the same ones i have. I dont really understand what they are exactly , out going emails. . the guy in this review said that to change the SMPT port settings there was a different place on the printer to do this - they are not under the scan setting. 

I do not know whether this is the reason i can't scan , but i thought it might be unless it is an issue with Windows 10 , ???

when I try to send a scan, it comes up with the error message " MF Scan Utility that is supoorted by the scanner you are using may not be installed on your comuter. Install the appropriate MFScan Utility and then peform the function. 

I dont know what to do , and I can't afford another tech guy. he was nice but knew little about the printer and just said there were no obvious technical issues. I had to figure this out for myself. 

I would like to scan to email dirrectly or even scan a pdf file to the computer and then send via email . I bought it for that purpose , mostly documents, not pictures.

It is difficult for me to contact canon by phone as i work when they have their office hours. 

Excuse the long message. I am a seniour and not computer savvy at all. If you have any suggestions could you please be very detailed as if you are speaking to a child. I can follow step by step instructions but they have to go through every step. 

with my sincere thanks

sincerely,

CA

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements