cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMX922 Support Code 6000 ??

EQueens
Contributor

Hello:

My wife & I have been using the Canon PMX 922 for several years with no real problems except for an occasiional paperjam.

Recently my wife was using the printer and all of a sudden she got a message on the display showing Support Code 6000

We have followed the instructions of turning off the unit and unpluging it, we have done this several times, but the message and Support Code keeps showing.

The operating system is a Mac OS 10.12.6 with a Mac Mini (mid 2010) PMX922 is connected via an Earthenet cable to the

Mac.  The PMX922 Firmware is upto date as are the drivers.

Thank you in advance f

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi EQueens!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help!

For a Support Code 6000, you'll want to take a look at THIS PAGE for troubleshooting steps.

After you've tried that, if you're still having issues, you'll want to reach out to our free, US-based support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) for further troubleshooting. They're available from 10am to 10pm (ET) weekdays. 

Thanks much for your reply.

No jams - at least not visable ones.

I did contact the support center (thanks for the phone #).  They had me do all the testings and they determined that it is not an over-the-phone fix, it's either a repair or replace and at the cost of the unit $99.00 from Staples, replace with new seems like

the way to go.

I was connected with the Canon sales dept who offered me a slight discount with free shipping - but I would not get the replacement before sometime next week.

Oh well - we've had very good results from the unit now for several years, so knowing the problems we've had with other

companies products we really cant complain.

Thanks again.

I purchased a new MX 922 from Staples today - the software that comes with it is U2.2 but is not readable by my Mac.

I tried going to the Driver/Download page for the MX 922 but the drop down for the OS selection does not give any choices

and when I click on either Drivers or Download I just get a Loading.........  and nothing happens.

So I reinstalled the old software U 1.1 and it is now downloading.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello:

Thank you for your reply.  I have emailed the Support Group and I received a reply that the Canon download system wich was down is now back up - I have succesfully downloaded and installed the software.

However, I did not get any answer as to why the software that came with the MX 922 is not readable by my make.  I did reply to there email concerning this as there is nothing in the Canon or Staples discription about the software not being compatable with a Mac.

Hello.

If you have a newer version of Mac OSX on your computer, the drivers would have to be downloaded from our website.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to access the latest downloads.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements