cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA ip8720 Tone slider control

brassman
Enthusiast

A 2014 review of the PIXMA ip8720 mentioned a Tone slider that imparts degrees of warm tones to grayscale prints. The Tone slider is in the Manual Color Adjustment window under the cyan, majenta, yellow sliders. I never thought to use it before reading the review. But It cannot be used anyway on my printer because it's greyed out. Can this be fixed?

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi brassman,

What operating system are you using, Windows or Mac?

What version of Windows (or OS X) is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 7 Home version, Patrick

Windows 7, Patrick.

Windows 7

Hi brassman,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Devices and Printers.

2.  Right click the Canon iP8700 seres and left click on Printer Properties.

3.  Click on the Advanced tab.

4.  Please make sure that the Driver is set to "Canon iP8700 series".

5.  Click OK.

6.  Back in the Devices and Printers window, right click the Canon iP8700 and left click on Printing Preferences.

7.  Click on the Main tab.

8.  In the Color/Intensity section, please click Manual.

9.  Click the Set button.

10.  You can adjust the Intensity and Contrast in this window.

11.  Click OK.

12.  Click Apply and then OK.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did all that you've suggested which I've done before and the 'Tone' slider is still greyed out. The 'intensity' & 'contrast' sliders work fine and always have. I didn't inquire about those. The 'tone' slider I did. Thanks any way. I will contact Canon support.

Announcements