cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Mp800 - No longer printing black

hidestar
Apprentice

We have had this printer for a few years and it has always worked well but recently it has stopped printing black.  I have done all of the cleanings, changed the toner, changed the type of toner but still no luck.  Any ideas?  

19 REPLIES 19

So did I; another Canon (MX526) for less than the price of the cartridges in the MP800. Pity that the new world is all about RATA (Replace And Throw Away).

Of course. The satisfactory answer from Canon is that you buy a new printer from them which will probably perform ok just until the warranty is over again.

I am having just the same problem as all of you and many others in other internet forums, which makes it obvious that we are talking about an endemic design or production mistake but we will have to spend our money anyway to have it fixed. Such are life and laws.

Thanks

Joke's on them. I'm buying an HP.

When you purchase any new product,use Your credit card,mine is Chase Freedom Visa,they extend the Warranty an extra year,even if you only charge any amount of the purchase price.I have used it twice,no hassle. Check with your Card provider to determine if they give the coverage on Extended Warranty.

It's about time Canon admit they have a problem, and offer real solution.

Luckily, another user in another thread found it on his own... watch the video and follow instructions (I used canned air to make sure all water was gone - just in case...

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/I-have-a-pixma-MX882-printer-and-all-of-a-sudden...

Worked like a charm on my PIXMA MX882

The link you posted will not open. Says it has invalid perimeters. Could you send another link. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/ZheZf-vdho8

this is the video previous poster was referring to.

The test  pattern on my PIXMA Mp800R is OK as far as black goes. In copy mode and from my PC it only prints color. It sure sounds like an electronic problem. I don't think I'll go for the price of service. After reading all the forum comments, I think I will have to change brands. 

Gulfstream17
Apprentice

Had similar symptoms with my MG6220. I had just changed all the ink tanks and the printer would print a test pattern, would print colors, and could copy a photo but wouldn't print black text.  The pages came out blank.  Don't know if my situation is the same as others but in my case this was the problem:  there are two black ink tanks labeled BK and PGBK.  BK is a slim tank with apparently deeper, richer black ink for photos and PGBK is a thick tank for text and apparently smudges less easily than BK.  When I replaced my tanks I didn't notice that the thick tank was marked BK like the thin black tank, not PGBK.  I had another thick tank on hand that was labeled PGBK and when I replaced the thick BK tank with the PGBK tank it worked.  I guess the thick BK tank wasn't recognized by the printer even though it loaded into it's slot as if it were the right one.  If your printer takes both BK and PGBK tanks, make sure the tanks are marked the same as the tank slots they go in.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements