cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 - no scanning software coming through

DoulaMN
Apprentice

I recently purchased a Canon PIXMA MX922.  I have installed all the drivers and software advised on the Canon website.  I am running on Windows 7.   When I open the Quick Menu, there is a horizontal area for the Scanner, but no icon links to function.  When I go to Programs>Canon>Utilities there is no Scanner program.  When I attempt to scan from the printer itself, I get a message:  Processing.... Please wait momentarily.  Then this shuts off.

One of the main reasons I bought a new printer was for scanning function.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi DoulaMN,

Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To uninstall the current drivers, please follow these steps:

1.  Go to your START menu, and CONTROL PANEL.

2.  Select the UNINSTALL A PROGRAM option under the PROGRAMS section.  

3.  Locate your PIXMA MX922 in the list and select the UNINSTALL option.  Please also locate and uninstall the Quick Menu.

4.  Press the EXECUTE button, and if prompted if you are sure that you want to uninstall the drivers, please click on YES.  Please note:  If you get an error message that uninstallation cannot be completed because there is a print job in the queue, please follow these steps to remove the print jobs:

4-1.  Go to your START menu and select DEVICES AND PRINTERS.

4-2.  Find the icon for the PIXMA MX922 and right-click over it and then select SEE WHAT'S PRINTING.

4-3.  In the window that opens, please go up the FILE menu and select CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS.

4-4.  If prompted are you sure you want to cancel the documents, click on YES.  The documents should be deleted from the queue.  If they are not, please perform the steps above until the documents clear the queue.

4-5.  Close the print queue and Devices and Printers window, and then attempt uninstallation again starting with step 1 above.

5.  The printer drivers should begin uninstalling.  Once uninstallation is completed, please press the COMPLETE button to finalize the uninstallation.

Next, we will want to install the latest drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website.  There are drivers for the printer available for download on our website.  Click here to go to the PIXMA MX922 Drivers and Software page.

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the MINI MASTER SETUP file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.  

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.  

Once the Mini Master Setup file has been installed, please install the other two items in the Recommended for You section of the webpage.  Once all items are installed, please attempt to scan.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Not only is there no scanning available on my computer but the Manual, for heaven's sakes, doesn't even list scanning as a task of  the machine.  This is bogus nonsense. Very disappointing.  Lousy service.

Not only is the installed software poorly designed and the manual completely worthless for scanning but your answer is inaccurate as well. Are you speaking of something you have actually DONE? If you had you would know there are TWO MX 922 devices in W7. Are we uninstalling BOTH or not?

Half-baked software, half-baked Manual, now half-baked online support. At least Canon is consistently mediocre in service.

The machines are well-built. That's a plus. If only the people worked to the same level as the equipment.
Announcements