cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX512 software incompatiblilty with Windows Live Mail

JohnnyRow
Apprentice

I recently bought a PIXMA MX512 and followed the instruction for installing the MX510 series software onto my 64 bit Windows 7 PC.  Then I started randomly getting wlmail (Windows Live Mail) errors with messages that make no sense.  I went back to a restore point before installing the software and the errors stopped.  I conclude at least one of the drivers or utilities must be incompatible with Windows Live Mail.  My Windows and virus protection is all up-to-date, and I have tried the Repair all on Windows Essentials 2012.

Does anyone else have experience with the MX510 series software while using Windows Live Mail.  I guess my plan now is do another system restore and try adding just one piece of software at a time to see if I can figure out which has the conflict, unless someone here has run into this and knows another solution.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Pleaes try downloading the latest MP Driver for the unit to see if this resolves your issue.  The program can be downloaded at the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx512#Dr...

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JohnnyRow
Apprentice

I think I finally figured out the problem, and I guess it's not exactly related to the Cannon software or Live Mail although that combinaton is the only time the problem is manifesting.  The most common form of the error was telling me 'There is no disk in the drive . . .'.  As google search shows, that is a common Windows non-error error message.  I had been forgetting that the printer has a USB storage port and SD card slot so Windows assgns it a drive number/letter though I've never used those slots.  Windows had assigned the printer the next sequential drive letter.  I changed the drive assignment to a higher letter and have not gotten the error since, though I don't really understand why, so I am considering the problem solved.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements