cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA IP8720 Problem

HST
Apprentice

Hello,

I am trying to get my printer, a Canon Pixma IP8720, to print photographs correctly.  So far, nothing I do works properly.

I used to use Adobe's Photoshop Lightroom, but for the life of me, since upgrading to version 6, I cannot print at all there.   I now am trying to print files from the Preview program found in Mac OS (10.11.6). 

I want to make a Letter sized photograph.  In preview I select letter size, borderless, and then the landscape orientation.

Next I print and what comes out of the printer is neither a letter sized print nor in landscape format.  The photo prints in portrait orientation with 30-40% of the photo missing.  It's an absolute mess and I have no idea what is wrong.  All dialogue boxes are set appropriately so I cannot get past this.

Please offer me some suggestions to try!  I have wasted so much paper and even more ink that it's sickening.

Thank you VERY much!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi HST,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements