cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSX 10.10.3 Destroys TWO Pixma ip4200 printers

zarquonp
Apprentice

Last week, while on the road, I tried, for the first time since updating to OSX 10.10.3, to print on a friends ip4200.

At first I got the "printer not connected" message, even though the printer powered up on the "print" command. I did a "repair permissions" and tried again. This time the printer was connected and did the usual preparation routine but when it tried to do

the actual printing it made a horrible noise with the paper feed mechanism and failed to send a sheet into the printer. At this point I gave up and tried to print the job with my friends MacBook Pro running OS 10.6 8 this gave the same result. A thorough inspection of the printer showed no signs of mechanical damage.

On returning home I connected MY MacBook Pro to MY ip4200 and got the exact same sequence of errors. I then tried printing from my MacMini Server which runs OS 10.9.5 and once again, the paper feed failed noisily.

I am aware that Canon no longer supports the ip4200 with a Mac driver but until 10.10.3 both these printers worked perfectly.

I tried installing other drivers including the open source "Gutenberg" no success.

I have now ruined two printers and am VERY unhappy. I would be very interested to hear from users who have experienced similar issues with this OSX10.10.3/ip4200 combination.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements