cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pixma iP8750

Glenn_UK
Apprentice

CANON PIXMA IP8750 (OS X)

Hi, I'm new to Canon Printers and, wanting to understand how best to control the (mainly) photo and artwork output, I would much appreciate help if possible with a few things I'm uncertain about:

1. Print Presets: why is Print Quality set as 'Normal' for both Draft and Fine Printing?
  2. What is the PPI for Draft, Normal and Fine? And for the intermediate Custom slider settings? (Might this be something like 360/720/1440 - as in Epson)?
  3. I see several ICC Profiles listed for the IP8750 in Printer Settings, but can find only the CanonIJPrinter2005.icc on my system.
  4. If I want to use Matt Photo Paper, there is listed only 1 option - iP8700seriesMP2 ; assuming (2) refers to quality, which Quality would that be, and what if other Qualities are used?
  5. What is meant please by other "Fine Art Papers"? Does this mean (digital print) coated papers or any uncoated art paper?

I will also be using 3rd Party papers and so making my own profiles for them. Presumably, I'll have to select one of the given Media types, which is why I'm wondering what Canon means is the difference between Other Fine Art Papers and Other Photo Papers?

Many thanks for any help on this.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Glenn!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked and can find no Forum other than this one. The Global>UK site has no links to any user forum.

The model iP8750 is, in all the literature that came with it, and the Online Manual, referred to only as of the 8700 series, so I would expect the information I seek to be generic.

Canon have not provided a Mac version of the User Guide, and the 8700 series manual downloaded has none of the info I'm asking for here.

So I would appreciate some support, please.

Hello Glenn_UK!

The Canon Community Forums is hosted by Canon USA and we are only able to provide support for models that are manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you're in the UK, you'll need to contact Canon UK. Their contact information can be found at https://www.canon.co.uk/ 

Announcements