cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX880 suddenly won't print a complete PDF file. Only titles etc but no content.

Cathymurd
Contributor

My Canon MX880 suddenly won't print a complete PDF or emailed file.  It prints the titles and subtitles but no content.  What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Cathymurd,

There is a setting in Adobe Reader that can be set that should resolve this issue:

1. Ensure that your PIXMA MX880 series is turned on and connected.

2. Open the PDF you wish to print.

3. Click File and then Print.

4. Click Advanced.  Please note, the location of the Advanced button depends on the version of Acrobat Reader.

5. Select Print As Image.

6. Click OK to close the Advanced Print Setup dialog box.

7. Click OK to print the PDF.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi Cathymurd!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and what software you are trying to print from. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!  I am using MacOS X 10.9.4 and printing from a downloaded PDF file.  

I am using mac OSX 10.10.5 AND printing from a downloaded PDF file

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Cathymurd,

There is a setting in Adobe Reader that can be set that should resolve this issue:

1. Ensure that your PIXMA MX880 series is turned on and connected.

2. Open the PDF you wish to print.

3. Click File and then Print.

4. Click Advanced.  Please note, the location of the Advanced button depends on the version of Acrobat Reader.

5. Select Print As Image.

6. Click OK to close the Advanced Print Setup dialog box.

7. Click OK to print the PDF.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you!  Great instructions, too!

Announcements