cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX860 won't print from my computer

martiv
Apprentice

My MX860 will print test pages just fine (all ink cartridges are full) but will not print a document from my computer.  I reinstalled the setup disc and trying to have it print from my network.. Can't find the USB cable that came with it. all had been working fine until recently. 

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hello martiv. The community is eager to assist! To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the operating system you are using on your computer. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Hi I am using Windows 8.  Thanks!

Marti

Hi Martiv,

To clarify, when you are referring to the test page, did you print the Nozzle Check Pattern or the Windows Test Page?  If you printed the Nozzle Check Pattern, did the PGBK pattern print correctly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes I think they did.  Am just back from vacation and can't fully remember!  I do know that the color cartridges are printing but I'm not getting anything from the black cartridges. thanks for your help. 

Hi martiv,

I recommend performing 2-3 consecutive deep cleanings to try and resolve the issue.  Use the following steps to deep clean the print head:

(1) Press the Menu button.

(2) Press the  or  button to select Settings, then press the OK button.

The Settings screen is displayed.

(3) Press the  or  button to select Maintenance, then press the OK button.

The Maintenance screen is displayed.

(4) Press the  or  button to select Deep cleaning and then press the OK button.

The confirmation screen is displayed.

(5) Press the  or  button to select Yes and then press the OK button.

Print Head Deep Cleaning starts.  Do not perform any other operations until Print Head Deep Cleaning finishes. This takes about 1 minute 30 seconds.

If this does not resolve the issue, there is likely an issue with the printer that requires service.  In that case, I would recommend using the Contact Us link to get in touch with our support staff who can offer your available service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

performed the deep cleaning, and the patterns print except for the top black squares, the color bars do print.

However, I can't print a test page. I get an error.

Hello!

If you're still having problems after performing the above troubleshooting, we suggest contacting our friendly support team. They're available by phone and email by clicking HERE

somberone
Apprentice

I'm using Windows 10

Announcements