cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Issues With Canon Software For MX-922 on Mountain Lion (v10.8.4)

lgldsr
Apprentice

I have been in IT for 32 years as a Windows / Linux / UNIX Network administrator. I have yet to see as aggravating an issue as with the MX-922 and the software that is (allegedly) for the Mac. The O/S in use is v10.8.4 on a Mac Mini and WiFi is being used. There is no hard wired connection between the printer and the Mac.

At the onset, this printer will print docs created on the Mac. it will Scan providing the native Print / Scan (as found in System Preferences) is used. So we can rule out communication issues. On a side note it can be pinged as well.

However, note the following errors when using My Image Garden, Quick Menu and the Canon lj Scan Utility. The Canon Network Tool does recognize the printer (as it should since it is present).

The CD supplied with the MX-922 would not load, so I had to pull down the latest softrware from Canon's site. This was done on 15-AUG-13.

Again, any input greatly appreciated and many thanks!

Quick Menu Error.jpeg

Network Tool Locating Printer.jpeg

Canon LG Scan Utility Error.jpeg

Canon error.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

lgldsr
Apprentice

Canon Tech Support: Can I have some assistance please?

Hi lgldsr!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, we would suggesting reaching our technical support team through the following link: Contact Us. The forums are not intended for immediate support.

Thanks!

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi lgldsr,

Based on the error you are receiving, it looks like the software thinks you are still connected with a USB cable.  In the IJ Scan Utility window, what appears for the Product Name?

figure: IJ Scan Utility

You should see something similar to Canon MX920 series Network....  If not, click the dropdown arrow to see if other devices are listed here.  Select the Network printer and attempt the scan again.

Check your print settings as well to ensure that the USB connection for your printer is not selected as the default device.  In your Print and Scan window,  verify what printers are installed.  If you see multiple instances of the PIXMA MX922 (or MX920 series), perform a test print with each device to determine which connection is using the LAN for communication, and which is still set for the USB. 

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements