cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Blank Pages

Winde
Apprentice

My MX922 printer will sometimes print a page, but most of the time the pages are blank. The ink cartridges are full. I have turned it off and back on again, and may get one page to print. Other times nothing will print. I'm tired of crossing my fingers hoping this is the time it will print. I need to be able to depend on it to work. It's very frustrating. The printing looks great when it actually works.

5 REPLIES 5

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi Winde!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Jason8365
Apprentice
I am having the same exact issue with my Canon MX 922. The printer sounds like it is printing, but the pages are blank. It happens when trying to print from all devices (iphone OS 10.2.1, iPad OS 10.2.1, PC Windows 10 Home).

Hi Jason8365,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-251M  magenta
CLI-251BK  black
CLI-251Y  yellow
PGI-250BK black
CLI-251C  cyan

Next, please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MX922 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

4-2.  Press the Setup button.

4-3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

If they differ, perform a few cleanings.  Please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning:

1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Press the Setup button.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

If not, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

MX922 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did solution is not helpful.

I mention to say, this solution was not helpful.
Announcements