cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 printing blank pages

salachic
Apprentice

My printer has been working just fine. However, just today one of the cartridges was low, so I replaced it.  Now when I try to print it just spits out blank pages. I ran the test to check for clogged nozzles, but the all blocks print beautifully.  What do I try next?

66 REPLIES 66

I have the exact same issue here. I don't really use the printer much, maybe twice a week. However, it printed black pages for me suddently. All inks are snot empty!!! I tried the cleaning, deep cleaning, auto head alignment... nothing helps!!! What kind of printer is this? Expensive but not reliable??? 

I gave up and recycled the MX892 at Best Buy ... I then bougnt a new HP Photosmart 7520 to replace it.  I liked the print quality of the Canon better, but so far the HP is working.  Bottomline,  Canon was making so much money off their ink, why not produce a quality printer that just keeps on working.  And, why not "fix" the problem or even provide feedback.  I certainly love the quality and long life of my Canon SX40HS camera.

I agree with you. I hardly use this printer and it's in perfect condition except printing blank paper, what a joke. I'm looking for different brand printer now... trash canon!

you got it, it was expensive and it's a POS.  Works great for 1 or two years and then POOF, stops.  I had 3 of them in my different offices, only ONE is still working and ONLY because I bought a used printhead (50 dollars) and replaced it.  I tried replacing the printhead on both of the other machines that did same thing and they still wouldn't work.   Great boat anchors, sh****y printers.

I have the same problem with an MP230.  I've only used one set of cartridges so I don't print a lot.  With brand new Canon cartridges (all of them) the problem of blank pages began.  The Test results do not look hopeful. 

(1) The tests: "Nozzle Check",  "Deep Cleaning" and the follow-up check of nozzles-are-clear, and the "Print Head Alignment" all print colors and b&w.

(2) The "Print Test Page" prints the Windows logo and nothing else on the page.  Doing the 5-10sec "hold-Reset-button" does not make any change.

From reading this ?forum? I do not see any response from Canon other than "contacts us for personal support.  That bogus! 

And I'm not even in the USA for servicing.

This is driving me nuts can't get a reply for solution this a headache. Did anyone find solutions?

Look on page 6- change your print head.

The problem here is not the print cartridges - it is the print head where the cartridges are sitting on. After doing what you did and still not printing and get blank pages try to replace the print head by ordering it from canon. I do not think you will find it anywhere else.
That would be the only last solution. Good luck. I cleaned the print heads manually by a cutex and rubbing alcohol but did not help. Now I have to order a new print head. They ware out after sometime too. I do not know why Canon remains silent about this issue!!!

@hamadoushi wrote:
The problem here is not the print cartridges - it is the print head where the cartridges are sitting on. After doing what you did and still not printing and get blank pages try to replace the print head by ordering it from canon. I do not think you will find it anywhere else.
That would be the only last solution. Good luck. I cleaned the print heads manually by a cutex and rubbing alcohol but did not help. Now I have to order a new print head. They ware out after sometime too. I do not know why Canon remains silent about this issue!!!

WARNING - Do NOT clean the printhead nozzles with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol..!!!   Fibre from the Q-tip can easily block the print nozzles and rubbing alcohol can permanently damage the delicate components.  Only ever use water or head cleaning solution on inkjet print-heads and never rub the printhead nozzle outlets with anything.  The printhead will wear over time but most replacements I have done are due to damage caused by customers.

als2014
Apprentice

I had the exact same problem: printing fine and then all of a sudden blank pages. First I restarted the computer and printer, and that didn't help. Afterward,  I did all the recommended things: took out cartridges and made sure all the orange plastic was removed, did a cleaning, did a deep cleaning, did an allignment. After all this, I still was having the same problem. However, I then turned off the printer and computer for a second time, rebooted the computer and the printer and everything returned to normal. My printer is now printing like it was before the blank pages incident. I am sure most people have tried doing the rebooting thing, but for some reason it solved my problem, so I thought I would mention it anyway!

Announcements