cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTX475 Scanner and copier black line

tonyc
Apprentice

When I try to copy or scan the copies come out with a broad black vertical line on them.

I realise there have been other threads here on this subject but I have tried all the suggestions and they don't work.

I have clean the plate glass and ADF glass thoroughly, tried the "credit card" cleaning method, cleaned the white strips both inside the main lid and in the ADF, cleaned the ADF rollers but non of these work.

When I first had the problem I did get an error code 5011 which I managed to clear by cleaning the "bar" inside the machine which was smeared with ink. I don't know if that is a clue what is wrong?

The machine is less than 6 months old but don't want to have to take it to repair shop if I can sort the problem myself!

Thanks for any advice!

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi tonyc!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements