cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP495 Printer: How to disable warning message about color cartridge when printing in black

dre2112
Apprentice

I have my default settings set to print with black only since I never print anything in color.  Doing so however, pops up a warning/error window prior to printing saying

"Only the black cartridge will be used for printing.... Print quality may deteroiorate...if you want to use the following cartridge click Cancel Printing: Color.... Then select both black and color for the ink cartridge settings on the maintenance tab in the printer driver and print again"

This can be very annoying on days where I print frequently. Is there a way to disable this warning pop up every time I print?

4 REPLIES 4

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi dre2112,

There is no way to disable this message through the printer driver settings.  The intention is to remind you that the printer is set for black only.  If you happen to print in color with this setting enabled, it may seem like the printer is malfunctioning when color is not applied to the paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there any way to disable the message when using only the colour cartidge when printing instead?

My black cartridge needs replacing but I'd like to continue printing off several docs without having to OK each printout.

If there isn't a setting for this, is there a setting in the Windows 10 registry I can modify to turn the message off?

Thanks in advance.

Poonie,

If any cartridge is displaying an empty warning, the empty cartridge would have to be replaced before any printing can be performed.  Please replace the empty cartridge to resume printing.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

We should not have to be forced to buy an expensive colour cartridge if we only want to print in black.

Announcements