cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP 990 keeps going offline

NanBR
Contributor

I posted before about problems getting computers on my home network to "see" the 990; honestly, I don't know what of the many things I did worked, but finally, we got it operational, BUT, now, as of today, with nothing changed as far as we know, the laptops say it's offline again. I have restarted the laptops, restarted the printer, and nothing works. An older message said to pick another port, but the "solution" port doesn't even show up on my network - I am using the Router as my idicated port (e.g., home network IP). I am about to trash this thing. Solutions?

2 REPLIES 2

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi NanBR,

First, let's check your current network configuration on the printer.  Follow these steps to print a LAN details page:

1. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select <Settings> on the HOME screen, then press the <OK> button.
  2. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select [Device settings], then press the <OK> button.
  3. Select [LAN settings], then press the <OK> button.
  4. Select [Confirm LAN settings], then press the OK button.
  5. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select [Print LAN details] and then press the <OK> button.

We are looking for an "Active" connection, a signal strength over 80% and a valid IP address.  

If everything appears correct here, I recommend contacting us for step-by-step network troubleshooting so we can help you determine the exact cause of these connection issues.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My MP 990 says it is connected to the network, but my laptop says "offline."  nothing I have tried including all the possible reboots has changed the printer status.

Announcements