cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP 530 printer - the in use/ memory is blinking

hrjohnson
Apprentice

I have lost my manuel and don't know what to do with the blinking in use/memory light.  It is like it is frozen and won't print from my computer   What do I do?

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello hrjohnson.

The In Use/Memory light may come on in a few different situations.

First, check to make sure that the phone cords are connected properly.  The phone cord that is coming from the phone line on your wall should be connected to the 'L' jack of the printer rather than the 'Phone' jack.  Also, the cord from the 'Phone' jack would go to a standard telephone or answering machine.

If the phone cords are connected properly, it may be possible that one of the phones in the home or building are off the hook or in use.

This may also occur if a fax is stored in memory.  You can print any faxes from the memory from the Menu. 

In rare cases, this may occur if a USB cable happens to be connected into one of the phone jacks on the printer rather than the USB port as well.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements