cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 showing offline after "successful" install on USB connection

eak3rd
Apprentice

My daughter is trying to set up her Windows 10 laptop with an MG7720 over a USB connection. Downloaded latest install package from Canon site. Turned off LAN settings, went through the setup with a USB connection. Setup finished successfully and test print was also successful. However, when she tries to print a document, the printer is showing offline. Any thoughts? I'm having to do this remotely as she's at college and I'm not. Never had an issue with this printer over wireless connection and test print should mean it's good to go, right? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

jadite47
Contributor

I'm having the same issue with my MG3620 after installing new ink cartridges,

I have come to HATE this all in one and I'm very disappointed because I have other Canon products which have worked great in the past but this machine is a POS.

I desperately need the printer because I need to print a shipping label and nothing I do works.

Hi, jadite47!

Thanks for posting on our forum! Since you mentioned this is a time-sensitive matter, we wanted to mention that this community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! However, if this an urgent matter, of if you are looking to get support from Canon, please reach out to our US-based technical support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF and they'll be happy to assist!

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Jaon....

I just added my own thread regarding my issue but, as I explain in that question, I have tried the email form and it's not working.  The drop down parts won't function and when I hit send, nothing happens.  I am frustrated beyond belief but thanks for your response.

We understand your frustration and hope someone can assist soon! You can also send our technical support team a direct email at carecenter@cits.canon.com

thanks for the email addy.....I'll try that although the label needs to be printed tonight

So I sent the following message to the e-mail shown, here is what I asked:

I have tried downloading, installing from CD and go through the complete setup, but can't print. When I go to the control panel it show the Cannon printer as offline and nothing I seem to do can fix the problem. I have tried to do this at least 10 times and end with the same result. I have other PCs. and ipads connected the they seem to work fine. I upgraded to Windows 10 on two PCs and one recognizes the Cannon fine. The other simply show offline. Help!!!!!

I received a response that this e-mail is not monitored and directed me to the support website which gave me all the features of the printer and an option to download the drivers.  I have been there multiple times and not one bit of support is present.  It almost seems like Cannon is trying to avoid helping customers with problems they have with Cannon products.

I posted my request on the 8th and it is now the 11th and still no response. 

Hi jimvanloan.

Email support is no longer available for PIXMA printers.  Additionally, support by phone requires the printer to be registered to a Canon Account.  Once registered, support options, including the appropriate number to call, are displayed in the support section of the account page.

One common issue with USB connections to laptops is that they may disable USB ports that are not used for significant periods of times.  Another is that the signal when running on a battery (direct current) may not be detected the way the signal is when plugged in (alternating current), causing communication problems.  Plug the laptop in to external power when connecting it to the printer by USB.

If the printer still is not detected when plugged in, you may need to add the relevant port and program exceptions to your firewall or antivirus. Refer to the firewall or antivirus' directions and support for directions to add exceptions.

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements