cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7550 leaving marks on prints

Mumu
Apprentice

Hello,

After figuring out how to print on discs the way I wanted, I started to experiment a bit with printing on different media.

I bought different types of paper so I could compare the quality and decide what's the best for my needs.

First I tried some High Glossy 135g/m2 paper. The print looked great, however when looking closely, I saw that there were marks on it. They looked like dotted lines and some lines with a small corner (not sure if that makes sense to you). I registered the paper in the cassette as 'Photo Glossy' (I think it's called like that in english, I'm using different language settings). 

For your information, the printer is actually brand new.

Does anyone know what's causing the printer to leave marks on my prints?

2 REPLIES 2

Mumu
Apprentice

After doing some research, I found out that the marks I've been referring to, are 'wheel marks'.

In the meantime I've tried different kinds of paper, but these marks were visible on every kind of paper I used.

I've tried several 'Canon' papers with the corresponding paper settings on the printer and/or printer driver, but marks were visible everytime I printed.

I was wondering if this is a flaw of the printer.

Once again, my printer is brand new (now I have it one week).

eviathan
Apprentice
Brand new Printer MG7550... I expected better quality from Canon. My old MP240 seemed to work better. Very disappointed 😞
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements