cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5300 Printer Not Responding.

sfreeman11
Apprentice

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium.  I've already checked the print spooler services and they're set to Automatic and Service Status is Started.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi sfreeman11,

Installing the latest printer drivers on your computer from the Canon USA may resolve the issue you are experiencing. 

The following link will take you to the initial download page for the PIXMA MG5320 (uses the same drivers as the PIXMA MG5300):

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_print...

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Select WINDOWS from the "SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu, then please use the "SELECT OS VERSION" drop-down menu to select the WINDOWS VISTA version of the operating system that is on the computer where you will be installing the software. 

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the MG5300 SERIES MP DRIVER file that you would like to download.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. 

Once the printer driver is reinstalled, please attempt to print again.

Hope this helps!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements