cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3600 won't print on checks

csos940
Apprentice

Just installed a new MG3600, and it won't print on the face of my check - I get the 22 blinking light error (and it says operator error code 2102) about page alignment. I've checked all I can and see nothing wrong with the paper, other than the front of the check has a preprinted logo. It is an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.

It will print on regular white paper, and it will print on the BACK of the check - but when I turn the check to the  front  with the logo it wont print, just spits it out and gives me the error. My old MG3600 printed the same checks just fine. 

If I can't print checks I will return the printer

Mac OS 10.10.5 / program is Account Edge Pro

8 REPLIES 8

Crista
Whiz

Hi csos940! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS) you have and what program you are trying to print from. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thank you, I'd love to reach your friendly support team, but I get an error when trying to send that too:-(

Oh no, csos940! We tested the link and it appears to be working correctly. Could you try using a different web browser? Also, thank you for updating your original post with the information. We do hope someone is able to assist! If this is a time-sensitive matter, you can also reach our team by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. Thanks!

The link works, just when I enter all of the required info and submit, it gives me the error and won't submit. Using Safari.

Hi csos940!

If you haven't already, we recommend trying another internet browser to see if that allows you to submit the email form. You may also want to try a computer or another device. If you are still unable to email our support team, you can always give them a call at 1-800 OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday to Friday from 10AM to 10PM ET.

We hope this helps! 

Hello.

If you are still having difficulties with your issue, please contact our support group over the phone at 1-800 OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday to Friday from 10AM to 10PM ET.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I called and it appears that the printer will not print checks if the logo is pre-printed on them.

I already purchased checks with company logo printed on the top left corner - and can not use them in this printer.

To get around this issue, I have to put a post-it note on top of the logo and it will then print. 

Hi csos940,

We'd like to take a closer look at this with you one-on-one. When you get a minute, can you please email us at canonfriends@cits.canon.com with your contact information and a brief reminder of the situation so we can have a senior technician give you a call back.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Announcements