cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3150 printer profile proofing

Trajan
Apprentice
Hello,

At home i have a very basic Canon MG3150. When in Photoshop and on the print dialog i can select what i can assume is the default factory printer profile Canon IJ Color Printer Profile 2005 (that's the only profile i can choose for this printer). 

All works well on the print dialog and if i click on Match Print Colors and Show Paper White it does a fairly good representation of what comes out from the printer.

The problem is that the same doesn't happen when soft-proofing inside Photoshop. There i can see 2 printer profiles: Canon IJ Color Printer Profile 2005 and Canon MG3100 Reflective. If i select the default one Canon IJ Color Printer Profile 2005 the Display Options (On-Screen) are greyed out and so there's no visible difference between srgb and the printer profile when clicking Proof Colors. 

If i choose Canon MG3100 Reflective there's a visible diference (more saturation) between srgb and that printer profile even if those Display Options are also greyed out.

How come i can't see an approximate preview in photoshop but can see it in the print dialog? 

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi Trajan! 

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Hi Crista,

Thank you for your swift reply. Unfortunately support in Europe (my country specifically) is poor regarding both reply speed and employee knowledge. This and the fact that there's no active forum like you folks have in USA.

Can't you give me an answer regarding the USA equivalent MG3120, then?

Thank you!

Announcements