cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Model Number (MG2220)

JohnnyBob
Contributor

When I click Ink Model Number, it just gives me a list of compatible cartridges. Isn't it supposed to tell me what I have installed?

Canon_Ink_Model_Number.png

2 REPLIES 2

Julius
Rising Star

Hello JohnnyBob,

The "Ink Model Number" button will display the compatible cartridges for the printer so you have quick access to the model numbers when the ink needs replacing.  It is not able to display the specific model cartridges you have in the unit.  Please note, the printer is supported only with the PG-240 and the CL-241, so if you are using genuine Canon ink, that is the model ink you have inserted.  The only difference with the "XL" and the "XXL" models are the amount of ink in the cartridge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, thanks. that answers my question, literally.

The low ink warning was not very accurate with the original 240 cartridge. I was able to continue printing for several weeks. Then I installed a new 240XL cartridge but got no feedback from the printer -- zilch, nada! I was/am left in total uncertainty, not knowing the status of the cartridge nor the printer. It is apparently printing OK now, but I am still left in limbo, waiting and wondering what will happen. Why doesn't it tell me something, some kind of feedback, in response to installing a new cartridge?

Announcements