01-06-2014 07:47 PM - edited 01-06-2014 08:10 PM
I just unboxed my printer, took all the paper and plastic off it and have plugged it in a few times and I keep getting this error. I have done nothing at all to the printer and just keep getting this error code. Please help me figure this out.
Now it shows error 6001
01-17-2014 04:43 PM - edited 01-17-2014 04:43 PM
The 6001 error is a generic internal error code. Unfortunately, it could mean one of many things. To resolve the 6001 error, please follow the following steps:
1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.
2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).
3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.
3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.
5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.
6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.
7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.
8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.
9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)
If the above procedure does not resolve the 6001 error, the unit would require service: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon.
07-13-2014 03:17 PM
well no paper in and did all that first it was 6000
now 6001 the ink tanks don't light up does this happen alot with new canon printers
11-30-2016 03:56 PM
I thought the member asked a question about Support Code 6000, but the person who answered the question is referring to Code 6001 instead of Code 6000. Are the those codes referring to the same problem? I am also getting Code 6000 on my Canon Pixma Mx 922 printer after installed two color catdriges. First, got Code 5100 and now I am getting Code 6000. Should I I follow the instructions given here for Code 6001?
01-11-2017 11:01 AM
Reply did not answer the question: this is initial setup, first power-on, no printing has occurred, no language selected.
02-11-2017 05:19 PM
Hi - I have the same problem - straight out of the box it doesn't work - super disappointing and Canon support is closed. Makes me wish I had stuck with an HP - any way out of this to get the printer set up to see if it actually works?