cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought a Canon MG5422 It prints fine with the wire but wireless it stays offline.

CarlHuskey
Contributor

I just bought a Canon MG5422. It works fine by wire but wireless it stays offline. It appears to find the access point. The printer screen shows me my router name and says it's active. Printer still says offline on the computer. When I try to detect the printer it never does. Where so I go from here? Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

CarlHuskey
Contributor

I am using Windows 7.

I saw this oin another post

Make sure that the checkmark is on the port that starts with CNBJNP, then click OK and try to print.

If the CNBJNP port was already selected please try right clicking the MX430 printer and click See Whats Printing.  When the print queue opens, click Printer and remove the checkmark on Use Printer Offline by clicking on it, then try printing again.

Now the printer is ready but I get an error. Now it says cannot be used with this port.

???????????????

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi CarlHuskey

As an additional step we can try, I recommend checking if the printer is set "Offline".

1. Click the start icon, then click Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-Click the printer's icon and select See what's printing in the dropdown menu.
  3. In the next screen click Printer in the menu bar. If Use Printer Offline has a check mark to the left of it, click Use Printer Offline to remove the check. The printer will now be used online.

If you are still unable to print, uninstall the printer completely and then reinstall.  This will ensure that the drivers and port for your printer are properly configured on the system.

Please feel free to Contact Us for additional troubleshooting if these steps don't work.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the response MarkII. I had already did the offline and nothing woked. When I still did as you suggested and there are two options there that I had n ot seen before. Canon MG5400 Series Printer and Canon MG5400 Series Printer XPS. Not sure what the XPS is. So I checked the Canon MG5400 Series Printer and the offline is not checked since I had done that the other day. I then checked the Canon MG5400 Series Printer XPS and the offline is checked. So I uncheck it and tested and it prints via the router. So why are both listed and what is the XPS? Why did that keep the default printer from printng? The Canon MG5400 Series Printer is the default printer.

Once again thanks for the suggestion. It worked.

Printer

Hi CarlHuskey,

It's one of those interesting Windows things.  Since the XPS and the printer driver are using the same port, it appears to be applying the settings from the XPS driver to the printer driver (mainly your "Offline" setting).  The good news is, that the printer is working properly now.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Mark.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements