12-18-2012 08:46 PM
To print with the black cartridge only, please follow these steps:
1. Click on Start, and then click on Control Panel.
2. Click on Printers and Faxes.
3. Right click the PIXMA MX330 and left click on Properties or Printer Properties
4. Click on the Maintenance tab at the top.
5. Click on the Ink Cartridge Settings button.
6. Change to Black Only.
7. Click OK.
The PIXMA MX330 will only print from the black cartridge.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.
08-25-2013 08:22 PM
Hello, I have the same issue as pitballer, but I use an Imac OS10.5. Can someone let me know how to resolve this same issue on my machine?
08-28-2013 05:29 PM
Hello gsypolt, I'm glad to help.
You can print using only the black ink by following the below steps, or accessing the Article: "Print using black ink only (Mac OS X)" on your multifunction printer's Canon USA product page. Just enter the Article name in the FAQ search box to get a graphical reference of the steps:
1. Open the Print dialog box by clicking File and selecting 'Print' from inside the application being printed from.
2. Select the 'Quality & Media' settings from the pop-up menu.
3. Select 'Plain Paper' as the Media Type.
Note: If you are using a media type other than plain paper, the print quality will be unpredictable.
4. Select the box for 'Grayscale Printing'.
5. Select 'Printing a composite document' from the Print Mode.
6. Click 'Print' to save the changes.
- Even with these settings, some color ink will still be used for print head maintenance.
- Image quality will be sacrificed when printing photographs and graphics.
If further assistance is needed, feel free to Contact Us.
09-18-2013 12:24 AM
09-22-2013 04:03 PM
When printing on media other than plain paper, Grayscale printing does not prevent the use of all inks. On photo paper, shades of gray are created by using all color inks to create a composite shading.
Be sure to check your paper type and quality settings in the Word application. You may need to contact Microsoft for additional support with changing the settings in your application.
03-11-2014 02:47 PM
This is not really an answer to your question. I am having the same problem with the MG3220. I will never purchase another Canon product. I asked a friend to pick me up a printer while at an office store, I had suggested an HP, as per usual. He returned with this GD printer, what a hunk of junk. Fortunately I retain most of my files digitally and do not have to print all that often, I have not had an uninterupted flow of documents from this POS since I received it. In short, this product is a joke, I cannot depend on it EVER and it needs a new cartridge every time i turn around evern though I do not print often. Canon Sucks!!!
Thank you for your time.
03-12-2014 03:51 PM
Canon makes it sound as if it is Microsoft's fault. I suspect that the reason is more that Canon prefers for us to use their more expensive and less lasting color cartridges. I guess my best bet now is to dump the MX330 and get that brother B & W laser printer.