cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an iP8720 which shows error 1403. Replaced the printer head, no change.

rn33
Apprentice

The printer is inoperable with a constant amber trouble light which flashes 5 times, pauses and continues flashing. When attempting to print the error menu opens and shows error message 1403. I purchased a new Canon OEM print head and installed it, but get no change whatsoever.  Is there a factory reset procedure that must be done after installing the printhead?

4 REPLIES 4

John_B
Rising Star

Hello.

For details regarding this error, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Your contact people are reading from a script and won't vary.  They only want to see me take it in for a repair, the cost probably being the cost of a new machine. No hints, as resetting the machine to factory defaults, nothing. This machine had little use for over a year and it failed. At this point, I'm looking at an Epson 1430 and realize that you are reluctant to support your products or your customer base. (This, assuming I'm writing to a Canon representitive.)

Hi rn33!

If you contact Canon USA's support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), you'll find that none of our 100% US-based support team are using scripts. They base their recommendations from knowledge of the products, and hands-on expertise. 

Any time you call Canon at the above number, you're speaking with a Canon employee, never a contracted or outsourced employee. 

If you contacted a company that was reading from a script, chances are you weren't speaking with Canon USA. 

We suggest reaching out to our team to see what they say.

Been through that twice. She read the previous transscript of my initial call and repeated the same response. I always go through proper channels first, giving the company numerous chances to help me, considering the machine is out of warranty and hoping they will realize that I'm not trying to achieve a scam, based on my purchase date. Even an offer to split the cost of repairing the unit would be acceptable to me, but Canon will not bend. So you lose a customer who is not shy about telling of his dealings with Canon. I have lost a printer and gained a boat anchor.

Announcements