cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new MX922 and when I go to print, it keeps asking for paper to be put in the upper tray.

fsuher
Apprentice

When I go to print, it keeps giving me an error message that I need to put paper in the upper tray. But, that tray is just for envelopes and smaller size paper.  Is there a setting I need to change??

10 REPLIES 10

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi fsuher,

A couple of things we can check:

1. What size paper are you trying to use?  
  2. Also, what are your current settings for media type and quality?  
  3. Finally, what application are you printing from?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. I'm using 8.5 x 11 paper, trying to print from an iPad. I was trying to print a recipe from a Kindle app book but couldn't. Did research and found that Kindle is difficult to print from. I then did a screen shot photo and tried to print the photo of the page. This where I am now, and the printer says there is no paper in the upper tray (that won't fit 8.5 x 11 paper).

Hi parkerds,

When printing via Apple AirPrint, the paper size is selected automatically according to the application software being used on the iPad, and the region in which AirPrint is used; it will select the appropriate tray based on the paper size that was sent to the printer by your app or document.   Please check to see if your app allow you to specify a paper size or document size before sending it to the printer.  When Apple's photo application software is used, the default paper size is 4x6.  

If you continue to have difficulties, please print the image from our Easy PhotoPrint app.  This app is available for free from the App store and will allow you to specify the paper size before printing.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Downloaded Easy PhotoPrint app. Added printer Canon MX922 Errors with
"This app does not support the selected printer"

Hi, Bamma!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your device (i.e. Windows, macOS, Android, or iOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Bamma,

To print photos from your iOS or Android device and your MX922, please use the Canon PRINT Inket/SELPHY app.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Using iOS - iPhone 6s 12.1 and iPad 12

Using iOS - iPhone 6s 12.1 and iPad 12

Thanks

This is new. Have printed multiple letters, etc on standard letter sized paper not get this notice. How to fix back to printing on lower paper tray

Announcements