cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Pixma IP4000 showing offline. I am plugged in via USB to a Win 7 machine.

redraider90
Apprentice

This has worked just fine for years. Suddenly, it is showing offline, and I'm plugged in. Further the cartridges aren't that old. I have printed with them in the last few months. Doesn't seem to matter. I tried with a camera directly to the side USB port and that is not working either. I get a "paper jam stop" message when trying that, and there's no apper jam.

Flustered, but open to suggestion. Any feed back is appreciated!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi redraider90,

To ensure that there are no obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error, please follow the steps shown here, here and here.  Once this has been done, please perform at least three roller cleanings on the unit by following the steps shown here to ensure that the paper path is clear and that the paper can feed smoothly.  Next, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements