cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Pixma 6000D and a 64 bit with 8.1 OS.

Yvonne2
Apprentice

I need drivers for it. any suggestions?  I had it installed on this computer until this morning, when I foolishly removed the printer. It seemed corrupted after I installed another printer. Now I can't reinstall it, because the software is 32 bit and the computer is 64 bit. I hope someone can help me with this. 

2 REPLIES 2

BH052413
Enthusiast

Canon has not made a driver for this printer since Windows XP (If you look at their website, the Win 7/Vista "driver" is only an add-on module). As such, any driver that the printer may have been using on Win 8.1 will have been from Microsoft, not Canon. I'd recommend contacting Microsoft about a driver.

Thank you for answering. 🙂 I was able to get it installed last night by going through the add printer I chose canon 600d and it asigned a driver. But like you say it probably was asigned by MS. Anyway it's up and running again. I was able to install the Photo record off the cd, but I would have loved to have the Easy Print. I used to use that a lot. Anyway half a pie is better than no pie at all. 🙂 thanks again.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements